“For God, so LOVED the world (all of us…that’s a lot of love), that He gave His one and only begotten son, that whosoever believes on Him, will not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16). I love that. Amazing. I was loved even before I loved. Incredible.
This beautiful life. It’s so easy for me to get caught up in the nitty gritty of my “to do’s”, when it’s not that complicated. It’s really not supposed to be that complicated.
John 10:10-11 says “The thief (the devil) comes only to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they (the world) might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.”
I know I’ve talked about that verse before, but I feel like it is a theme for me for the last few months, and I think will go into the new year also. I’ve been meditating on it, and there’s so much more to learn from it. It reminds me that God has such good plans for me. That this life is about ENJOYMENT of the good good life He’s given us. That He has joy for us, even in the hard moments. It reminds me to wake up and really smell those roses, (or the fresh crisp wintery mornings like today 😉 ).
I don’t know if any of you have read Ann Voskamp’s 1000 Gifts blog, but she really helped me enjoy life better, but getting into the habit of writing a thankful list, which I do most days. It actually helped me rotate my eyes from anxiety to focusing on the good things in life. Cuz we miss them if we don’t take note of it… at least I do. We are so blessed each day!
1) the horizon. (apparently when you look at the horizon, it gives you the same dopamine that exercise does!!! per Haley Williams on “Kindled” Podcast #22)
2) chocolate cookies! – and coffee of course.
3) fresh bread out of the bread machine
4) the ability to write
5) William’s ever adventurous, and curious little self
6) Grace to not always have to have the “To Do” list done, or even close to being done 🙂
I was going to post this blog this morning, but didn’t get a chance to complete it till now, so I’ll tell you what I’ve been up to today, instead of what I’m planning on doing! Ha!
Today I rearranged Willam’s room… We had to move his crib to the other wall (he used to be where the book case is) his room isn’t very warm at night, so we figured moving him to an inside wall will help, plus the use of an oil heater in his room!!
And while I did that, Willam was playing with a flattened cardboard box… Easy entertainment!
I got some house cleaning done (like to try to do it on Fridays so that we can enjoy a clean house on the weekend)!
And then did a workout while William did the army crawl around the room!
So…tell me…. (comment below)!
- What brings you joy? What draws you into the moment, a place where you can get lost in it (where you are present, and not thinking about the next thing)? For me, it’s a good book (favourites are fiction and a motivational memoir/self-help), writing creatively, and running. Not one of us is a photocopy, so tell me what you like!
- Tell me your thankful list for today.
- Tell me what you are doing/did today. At work? Home with the kids? Sleeping? ha.